Register for interview
certificate course in film set designing
Certificate Course in Film Set Designing
APG Learning is the education vertical of the 8-decade old, trusted Sakal Media Group. Launched with the objective of building leaders for transformational change. APG Learning’s focus is on providing a contemporary and practical learning environment to students, equipping them…
- Please Login.. 111
- 32 Student's Enrolled
- Best Selling
01 August 2019
26 Jan 2019
Gate No. 1, Baner Road,
Aundh, Pune 411 007
Training 5 or more people?
Get your team access to APG Learning top 200+ courses anytime, anywhere.
Try APG Learning for Business
APG Learning is the education vertical of the 8-decade old, trusted Sakal Media Group. Launched with the objective of building leaders for transformational change. APG Learning’s focus is on providing a contemporary and practical learning environment to students, equipping them to emerge winners in an ever-changing and challenging milieu. Knowledge up-gradation is the key component for growth and success. It organizes various knowledge disseminating programs, which include Management Entrance Study Preparation, Seminar, Workshop, Career Fairs, Conferences, and other such value-added programs. In this regard, we are willing to organize such activities in ten different cities of Maharashtra for the benefit of your students. Such value-added programs will highlight Skills required by the upcoming cadre of professional for this dynamic digital era.
A set designer is in charge of designing and creating the sets that appear in films, on television programmes, theatre as well as events. The role involves working and communicating with directors, producers, costume designers and other members of staff.
Considering the appreciation received for films, television, theatre and events, the demand for set designers is increasing day-by-day. This is generated more opportunities for set designers who have who have a creative approach. This course aims at creating set designers who have conceptual knowledge along with a creative approach.
- Subject Introduction
- Concept Development
- Script Interpretation & Text Analysis
- Psychology of color, texture & Lines
- Realistic & Non Realistic Sets
- Set Design & Art Direction on Set Work Process
- What is relation between set & film Characters
- Color palette
- Research & Paper Work
- Action Props / Set Props
- Set Dressing Setting management
- Process of Real Set Construction
- Sets History and Geography
- Set Design on Graph paper
- Set Elevation Plans
- Making Set Model (Soft & Hard copy)
- Director and designers Conversation
- Set Mechanism – In Engineering
- Set Making Cost / Budget Conversation
- Set Unity / Utility / Balance
- Opportunity to learn from the industry professionals.
- A blend of theory and practical sessions.
- Field Visits for practical understanding.
- Hands-on experience for each and every student.
After successfully completing the course-
- One can start his/her company and provide set designing services.
- One can work with various event managers.
- One can get opportunities in films and television as a set designer.
- One can work as an art director in theatre and plays.
Who Should Attend
Students (Above 18 years), working professions, event managers, people associated with theatre and films and all those who wish to learn about set designing.