Register for interview
nature camp for kids
Nature Camp for Kids
‘The Nemophilist’ (nɪˈmo-fɪlɪst), the word reflects our true identity, the one who is fond of forests and its landscapes. We are located at Pune, Maharashtra, India and legal entity for wildlife excursions.A group with rich wildlife experience of 28+ man-years…
- Please Login.. 123
- Student's Enrolled
- Best Selling
11 Nov 2018
Training 5 or more people?
Get your team access to APG Learning top 200+ courses anytime, anywhere.
Try APG Learning for Business
‘The Nemophilist’ (nɪˈmo-fɪlɪst), the word reflects our true identity, the one who is fond of forests and its landscapes.
We are located at Pune, Maharashtra, India and legal entity for wildlife excursions.A group with rich wildlife experience of 28+ man-years with 1100+ wildlife safaris,explored & been photographed 35 + wildlife destinations that include jungles,coast and Himalayan ranges. Witnessed wide-range of flora & fauna, amphibians,mammals, birds, reptiles, carnivores and invertebrates.Believes in partnership and collaboration, hence, contributes in various ways to assist local forest departments.
Some of us, by professions, are graduated in Engineering, and others are specialized in Business Administration with 10 to 20+ years of professional experience in the software industry and banking.
Wildlife for all
Our simple yet the most difficult mission is to make more & more people fall in love with the nature and we are certain that nature would do its magic. Therefore,we offer wildlife experience through our Signature wildlife tours and Weekend Discoveries to make people fall in love with the wildlife.
The biggest asset that children possess is their inquisitiveness and sense of amusement. We believe that nature serves as the best class room for enabling questioning, learning and knowledge creation and performing arts like story making, storytelling, theatre, creating songs are the best form of imparting and imbibing learnings.
- Nature Trails around Pune to make young minds more aware about our surroundings.
- Aim is to curb the Nature Deficit Disorder & trigger curiosity and sense of amusement in kids towards nature as a whole.
- Nature around us offers so many learning’s, which go unnoticed, we make nature the class room for enabling questioning, learning and knowledge creation
- To present its components like Water, Trees, fruits, leaves, dry leaves, forests, grasslands, desserts, farm lands, insects, birds, mammals and reptiles as a whole to kids
- Make kids more responsible in their actions, sharing and articulating thoughts towards action
- Grasslands around Pune are home to many Birds, Mammals and Insects.
- They are home to Mammals like Fox, Chinkara, Hare
- Grasslands habitat a variety of birds like Eagles, Owls, Larks, Hoopoes, Harriers, Lapwings and buntings.
- Few birds make nests on ground few on rocks and some on trees, why these differences?
- Kids can learn about the habitat, the smaller mountains and the Grass
- Camouflage is a necessary skill to survive in the Grasslands. Kids can learn about various aspects of survival in Grasslands.
- Understand the strategy of plants, how do they survive the dry season and how do they proliferate
- Diets of different Animals, birds and insects understanding of the food chain
- Understanding Migration of birds
We share the importance of ‘Giving back to nature’ by encouraging Cleanliness drive as a closure
There are 4 locations in and around Pune where we would taking the Kids:
1. Empress Botanical Garden
2. ARAI Tekdi / Vetal Tekdi
3. Saswad Grasslands
4. Kavdi Pat
Each location will enable the children to understand and observe birds, animals and insects in different eco-systems.
What to carry?
Things to be carried by kids:
1. Recommended wear is camouflage or dark green colored clothes which will go with nature. Avoid red, dark blue or florescent colored clothes.
2. Carry a bottle of water
3. Please give or carry sufficient fruits or snacks of kids choice
4. Recommended but not compulsory – Binoculars
5. Pencil and a small notebook
6. Shoes. Chappals and floaters are not recommended
7. Information card with each kid having his/her full name, address, parents name and contact number
8. A small hand towel or handkerchief
9. Parents to mention specific food allergies for kids. Other Information
10.The batch size would be of 10 kids
11.There would be 2 guides per batch.
12.We would be carrying extra food items with us.
13.We would also be carrying first aid kits with us.
14.Each parent would need to sign a consent form before sending their kids on the trip.
15.Team Nemophilist would not be responsible in case the kids lose any of their belongings.
16.If the parents would like to join the Nature walk – they can do so but they are not to interfere in the learning activities of the kids.
Once enrolled the dates and batch cannot be changed.