Register for interview
the voice of leadership
The voice of leadership
Managing employees may be a science but leading them is an art. Leadership and Mangement courses online teach you that, to be leaders in complex business environments require a multitude of essential skills to face the various situations that may…
- Please Login.. 767
- Student's Enrolled
- Best Selling
Training 5 or more people?
Get your team access to APG Learning top 200+ courses anytime, anywhere.
Try APG Learning for Business
Managing employees may be a science but leading them is an art. Leadership and Mangement courses online teach you that, to be leaders in complex business environments require a multitude of essential skills to face the various situations that may arise. They need to be able to motivate, empower, and influence individuals. They require the skills to communicate mission, vision, and value statements, as well as to lead innovation and adapt to changing business climates. They must have a critical understanding of organizational politics and emotional intelligence. To further their own development in these skills, leaders need a carefully designed personal leadership development plan. There are six dominant leadership management styles.
- Autocratic management has a hierarchical structure with a strict top-down, chain-of-command approach. It is characterized by concern for an efficient workplace, and a focus on the methods and means of achieving objectives. Autocratic management is decisive. Decisions are made quickly because each person is aware of his level of authority. This style works in organizations where managers have all the information they need to make decisions, when decisions are time-sensitive, and when strict adherence to procedure is necessary.
- Contingency style fits the action to environment. It asserts that managers are most effective when their behaviors are contingent upon a combination of factors such as the type of task, the authority structure of the organization, and the value of the proposition. In contingency style, when managers make decisions, they give equal consideration to all influences and act on those aspects that are key to the situation at hand. Managers are influenced by the importance of the situation, the amount of information available, and how a particular style will affect the decision.
- Situational style involves leadership. Like contingency style, managers adjust and adapt their style in relation to the effectiveness of accomplishing organizational objectives. Situational style differs from contingency style in that it is more focused on decisional motivators involving the capabilities of workers. For example, when workers are inexperienced or lack responsibility, directive management is effective; when workers are experienced and self-directed, supportive leadership is effective.
- Management-by-fact has as its premise that an organization cannot improve what it cannot measure. This cause-and-effect style uses realistic measures to make decisions and plan improvements. Management decisions are built on a framework of data, information, measurement, and analysis. The management-by-fact style is focused on efficiency and value creation. It is particularly effective when managers are prioritizing decisions about resource allocation.
- Transactional style deals with the process of getting work done through the clear definition of tasks and responsibilities, and the allocation of resources. Transactional style works within the structure and culture of an existing organization and works toward established goals. Transactional leaders motivate workers by clarifying roles and responsibilities and offering a clear reward for achievement.
- Transformational style is concerned with the goals and vision of the organization. Transformational leaders drive change, trading short-term stability for long-term viability. Transformational leaders inspire workers to transcend self-interest for the good of the organisation.
The GetCertGo's leadership and management courses online prepares individuals to develop and apply these skills in the context of their own experience, and ultimately integrate them into their own work environment. Our tie-up with Skillsoft and Vskills in this regard gives the leaders a lot of tools and learning resources required to shine out as leaders.
Microsoft Office 2016 Intermediate Excel 2016 Training Course
Course Provider - getcertgo
Microsoft Office 2016 Beginning Excel Training Course
Course Provider - getcertgo